Do you have, or need, an appointment with the Nutrition and Diabetes Education Center (NADEC)? Now you can see our clinicians without leaving your home using Telehealth Visits. NADEC’s Telehealth Visits are similar to an in-person office visit, except you see our clinicians by using a tablet, smartphone, or computer from your own home.
How Does Telehealth Visits Work? Connecting with us is easy. Follow these two steps:
- To schedule an appointment, call our office (301-805-8292) or contact us via the patient portal.
- Check with your health insurance about coverage for Telehealth visits. With the COVID-19 pandemic, many insurance providers, including Medicare, offer the same coverage for Telehealth visits.
- At the time of your appointment, your clinician will send a link through email and/or text message. Click on that link to start your Telehealth Visit.
- To have a Telehealth visit with our clinicians, you will need a smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop.
- If you have trouble connecting, please send an email or text to the clinician provided in the link.
- Contact our office today to see if a Telehealth visit is right for you.
If you have additional questions, please send those to email@example.com.
Sharon E. Hawks, MS, RDN, LDN, CDCES – Owner, Director NADEC