What is the fee for each visit?
- Call our office for current fee-for-service rates.
- We accept most major insurances. Please call the office at 301-805-8292 for a complete list of insurance providers.
Will Insurance cover my visits?
Many insurance companies will reimburse for office consultations if you have a health plan for which nutrition or diabetes education is recognized as part of your care. NADEC is a provider in-network with most of the major health insurance companies; however, benefits vary depending on your policy and medical condition.
We Recommend you call Your Insurance Provider Prior to the First Visit to Ask:
- Is nutrition counseling for your diagnosis a covered benefit on your plan? You may be held responsible for the charges, so it is best to get confirmation prior to your visit.
- Is a referral required from your primary care physician?
- How many visits are you allowed for nutrition counseling on your plan?
- Do I have a co-pay?
What if my insurance does not cover for the visits?
Weight loss and some other nutrition related conditions may not be covered under your employee plan. If your insurance does not reimburse for the services, a payment plan can also be initiated at the time of service.
- NADEC requires a minimum of 24 hours advance notification to cancel an appointment.
- You are responsible to pay for appointments that are not canceled within 24 hours of your scheduled visit.
- A $25.00 fee will be charge to your account for missed appointments.
- We accept cash, credit card or check for your consultation fees or co-pays.
- For office consultations, you are responsible for any co-pays, co-insurances, deductibles or non-covered services. Payments ae expected at the time of the visit.
- We will submit insurance claims for your convenience
- A $35.00 processing fee will be assessed for returned checks.